A time to be together...
Pops at the Temple of Music
RWP Pops at the Temple of Music
If history serves as a good memory, the delightful midweek free concert by the RI Philharmonic will be another wonderful evening to enjoy family, friends, music, food, and camaraderie under the stars. The weather looks great for Wednesday’s (Aug7th) free at the Temple to Music in Roger Williams Park from 7 to 9pm.
The concert is made possible by the support of the City of Providence and the Rhode Island Foundation. RWP Pops at Roger Williams is free & open to the public. Rain date is Aug. 8th.
Bring a blanket or lawn chair and enjoy rousing favorites led by the Philharmonic’s resident conductor Francisco Noya. The 60-piece orchestra will play two 45-minute sets with a 20-minute intermission. The program is expected to include rousing standards, including the Star Spangled Banner, the 1812 Overture, and many more.
Come early and enjoy all the activities that RWP has to offer.
Bring snacks with you (no alcohol) or enjoy food from a dozen Food Trucks at the Temple to Music.
- Free parking is available throughout Roger Williams Park. Pay close attention to signage throughout the park.
- Accessible parking is available along the road in front of the Temple to Music.
- No dogs.
- Camping tents, shade tents, and beach umbrellas are prohibited.
- A limited number of chairs will be provided directly in front of the Temple to Music; first come, first served.
- Food is permitted; alcohol is not.
- Spectators are asked to be aware of their surroundings. If you see a suspicious person, object, or vehicle in the park, please report the sighting to Providence police at (401) 272-3121 or notify nearby law enforcement personnel.
- Do not store or leave any personal items, backpacks, or packages unattended in the park.
- Bags may be subject to random search.
- No fireworks of any kind are allowed in the park.
- No grilling or open flames of any kind are allowed in the park.
- Skateboards are prohibited in the park.
- Expect delays when leaving.
- For more information, go to: https://goo.gl/Jd7RBR