Free concerts - Narragansett, Providence, Bristol and Pawtucket
4 FREE Summer Concerts - RI Philharmonic Orchestra
RI Philharmonic Orchestra announces 4 free summer concerts
Performances are scheduled for the following locations and dates:
- Citizens Bank’s Narragansett Town Beach, July 12
- Rhode Island Foundation and City of Providence present Roger Williams Park, Providence, Aug. 7
- TACO/The White Family Foundation’s Independence Park, Bristol, Sept. 1
- Pawtucket Teachers Alliance and City of Pawtucket’s Slater Park, Pawtucket, Sept. 14
Francisco Noya, RI Philharmonic Orchestra’s resident conductor, will conduct the performances.
At a Glance
Friday, July 12, 8 p.m., Rhode Island Philharmonic Summer Pops presented by Citizens Bank: Narragansett Town Beach, 39 Boston Neck Rd., Narragansett. 248-7000, riphil.org. 8 p.m. Rain date: Saturday, July 13, 8 p.m. Free.
Wednesday, August 7, 7 p.m., Rhode Island Foundation and City of Providence Presents RWP Pops with the RI Philharmonic Orchestra: Roger Williams Park, Temple to Music, 1000 Elmwood Ave., Providence. 248-7000, riphil.org. 7 p.m. Rain Date: Thursday, Aug. 8, 7 p.m. Free.
Sunday, September 1, 6 p.m., Rhode Island Philharmonic Summer Pops presented by TACO/The White Family Foundation: Independence Park, Thames Street, Bristol. 248-7000, riphil.org. 6 p.m. Rain Date: Monday, Sept. 2, 6 p.m. Free.
Saturday, September 14, 5:30 p.m., Pops in the Park: Rhode Island Philharmonic presented by Pawtucket Teachers Alliance and City of Pawtucket with Bristol County Savings Bank sponsoring the fireworks: Slater Memorial Park, Armistice Boulevard, Pawtucket. 248-7000, riphil.org. 5:30 p.m. Rain Date: Sunday, Sept. 15, 5:30 p.m. Free.
Summer Pops Program
Please note that this program is subject to change.
Pieces are not performed in the order listed below.
- Giuseppe Verdi: Overture: La forza del destino
- Strauss: Opening: Also sprach Zarathustra
- Strauss: On the Beautiful Blue Danube
- Jules Massenet: Le Cid: “Aragonaise” and “Navarraise”
- Lyun Joon Kim, arr., John Fraser: Elegy
- John Williams: The Jedi Steps and Finale from Star Wars: the Force Awakens
- Richard Wagner: Prelude to Act III: Lohengrin
- James Horner: Music from Apollo 13
- Mauro Colangelo: Adagietto
- John Philip Sousa: The Thunderer
- Morton Gould: American Salute
- Samuel A. Ward, , Carmen Dragon: America the Beautiful
- Piotr Tchaikovsky: 1812 Overture