An old Italian family recipe.
Recipe - Joanne’s Pizza Rustica
· 2 pie crusts (you can make your own or buy Pillsbury ready made
· 1⁄4 lb ham (or proscuitto) (order it in one chunk)
· 1/2 lb of dry sausage (I use Soppressata) (buy a chunk) it comes like a long roll
· 1/2 lb salami (buy a chunk)
· 1 lb (a chunk of buffalo mozzarella is best)
· 1 lb of basket cheese (drained)
· 6 ounces grated cheese
· 1 teaspoon black pepper
· 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
· 8 beaten eggs
· 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
Get a 9 inch springform pan and generously butter or spray Pam on bottom. Line bottom with one pie crust.
Dice all meat ingredients into chunks and set aside.
Beat 8 eggs with pepper, onion powder, parsley and grated cheese. Mix in drained lb of basket cheese and chopped mozzarella cheese. Stir all ingredients together. Mixture will be lumpy but that’s fine.
Pour mixture into lined springform pan with pie crust.
Get 2nd pie crust and cover top of mixture and springform pan, covering the edges by pinching the edges together. Get a fork and poke holes in top of pie crust.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hr. and 15 minutes.
Test if done with a toothpick. If toothpick comes out clean, it’s done. If not, check in five-minute intervals.
This can be served right from oven hot or let cool and refrigerate